All You Need to Know about WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp is a free and multi-function mobile app. The WhatsApp statistics show that 1.6 billion active people use WhatsApp in over 180 countries. Thus, WhatsApp released an official web version. You can chat via your desktop. Whatsapp web allows you to enjoy all the WhatsApp features except for a few features we will talk about later. WhatsApp web is not simple, but we will do our best to make it simple in this article.
Here is your step-by-step guide to using WhatsApp web:
Make sure your phone and desktop are connected to the Internet.
Open web.whatsapp.com on your browser.
Open WhatsApp on your phone.
On Android: tap the More Options icon ⠇in the chat screen > WhatsApp Web.
On iPhone: go to Setting > WhatsApp Web
On Windows Phone: tap the More Options icon ⋯ the chat screen > WhatsApp Web.
Now, scan the QR code on your browser with your phone’s rear camera. Once the QR code is scanned, you WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp mobile will be synced.
So, what are the features of Whatsapp Web?
● Share photos, videos, documents and contacts. You can send up to 30 photos or videos at the same time.
● Use your webcam to take photos.
● Use your keyboard to type easily.
● Send voice messages; open a chat, then tap the Microphone icon and begin to speak through your computer’s microphone. Click Confirm to send this voice message or Cancel to cancel it
● Forward messages. Now you forward messages from one person or group chat to another one person or group chat.
● Delete messages for yourself or for everyone. This feature is helpful when you sent a message to the wrong person, or a message you may regret sending.
● Archive chats. Archiving is not deleting chats. It is to hide a chat or group from your list and retrieve it then.
● Creating an inviting into groups via links. You can create a new group and select contacts to add to this group. It allows you to rename it with 25 characters subject limit and add a group icon. You or any participant can share an invite link to invite others to join the group.
● Add or remove group participants if you are an admin only.
● Turn on sounds, desktop alerts and show previews on or off.
● View WhatsApp Status updates and type a reply.
● Use multiple Whatsapp accounts at the same PC.
● “Keep me signed in” option. If you uncheck this option, you will be signed out automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity in your browser.
● Change your profile, name and about section.
● Use keyboard shortcuts.
Do WhatsApp Web mirror all the WhatsApp mobile app’s functions?
Unfortunately, it doesn’t. Here are some functions that are not working on the WhatsApp Web:
● You can’t make or receive Voice or Video WhatsApp calls
● WhatsApp Broadcast is not active on WhatsApp Web
● You can’t share maps, current location or live location.
● Media download settings can’t be changed.
● WhatsApp Web does not allow you to use two browsers at the same time.
● You can’t type or add photos and videos to your status
Can I Use Multiple WhatsApp Accounts at the Same Time?
Yes, you can. Some people have more than one WhatsApp accounts with different phone numbers. They sign in their different WhatsApp accounts at the same time through different browsers like FireFox and Chrome.
What you need to know is that it’s much easier to use a keyboard while chatting for a long time. It’s completely free and safe. The WhatsApp end-to-end encryption keeps your messages, photos, videos, documents, voice messages and even status updates safe and confidential.
In case you use WhatsApp Web on your PC, you can keep logged in as it is okay. Otherwise, it is better to log out after you are done. If you didn’t, anyone who uses the same PC could access all your WhatsApp. Tap on “Logout from all computers”.